aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

waiting to be swept away

so I'm back to writing the dissertation! I am completely overwhelmed by the prospect of finishing the draft by Aug 10, but I have to!!!!!

I've got the interviews transcribed and cleaned up! I've gone through them for themes (well almost... I still have one more to do!) and I keep reading the proposal in the hopes of trying to send myself in the right direction - I know you can't step into the same river twice, but I keep hoping that if I can stand there with my feet in the water that I can at least get a feel for the flow of the water and then start trying to move myself along with the current. I am hoping to be swept away!

I know I am going to have to just pick up my feet at some point and let myself be carried by the water, but I'm trying to both orient myself and brace myself for the bumps and fear that comes along the way... but meanwhile, I'm spooking myself.

WRITE! Finish the last interview, and get to the writing.

I know I'm working on things below the surface...

I hope that I can turn my personal stance piece into the prologue! We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home