aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Monday, December 4, 2006

things are moving

OK.... so the last member of my committee finally got back to me (at 3:46 am on Saturday), and she too had very positive things to say and no changes to recommend, so I AM FREE to now call myself a "Doctoral Candidate," to collect data, to get a 30% reduction in tuition and most importantly to take a leave of absence which will allow me to stop paying tuition for a few months!

Honestly, it's not official yet (all the oficianados at the school need to sign their John Hancock's on the dotted lines...) but I feel an enormous relief! And if I can stop paying tuition for a few months, maybe we can actually afford our lifestyle!

My papers from Summer school are done. I turned the last grade in last week. And the newsletter that I edit for the non-profit I volunteer for is now with the layout person!

I, of course, have a lot of other things to rush in and make me stressed, but for now I want to just celebrate the fact that things are moving on... I did an interview yesterday, and have another one scheduled for Thursday! And this is the first time I really believe I am going to finish this thing!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home