aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Saturday, July 15, 2006

YES!

Well, I would say the last few weeks were some of the most productive weeks of my life!

I guess that's what folks mean when they say, "I wrote my dissertation in three weeks" - I certainly didn't write it in the last three weeks, but because I had done a good chunk and because I was able to focus on little else - it's true I was able to finish this last bit of the proposal in the last few weeks.

I've sent out the proposal to my advisor. That doesn't seem like much when I say it that way, but it's HUGE! 115 pages of blood, sweat, and tears.

I feel mostly good about it, although like every other part of this process I'm a bit bi-polar. One minutes I'm feeling good about it and the next I'm feeling really insecure and uncertain, and wishing I had taken a bit more time to revise and copy edit it.

I was trying to get it out by yesterday though, because tomorrow's my birthday!!

Happy Birthday to me!

I've vowed not to do any work this weekend... and while it's really hard, because I'm feeling guilty about all the things I've been putting on the back burner while I worked on this proposal, I'm still going to try to stick to my enforced BREAK!

I'm going to try to get back to daily posts, and to daily workouts. I have not been working out and I really need to!!!

a celebration
messy drafts done, polished draft
now with advisor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home