aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

autoethnography

So I bought a book called "The Ethnographic I" by Carolyn Ellis where she describes in more detail the methodology of writing authoethnography - defined by Holt as:

"a genre of writing and research that connects the personal to the cultural, placing the self within a social context"

I can't decide if it's high-falutin snake oil or academic integrity...

but for now, I'm trying to work on this performance piece that combines the stories from my own narrative, my interviews w/working class psychotherapists, and my confrontation with poverty in El Salvador.

Also, I've decided to go to Spain in January...


Wonder what influence that will end up having on the piece?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home