aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Thursday, November 9, 2006

pigs in the front yard


One of the other things I want to do is to make a powerpoint, with images and music in the background.

I'm a little worried though that I'm trying to do too many things.

I'm also not sure if the images of El Salvador are as powerful to other people as they are to me...

From my diary:
She takes us walking through the family areas. Slowly, I start to take it in – everything has a dirt floor – a sandy brown dirt. Soft, but sandy, around us everywhere are animals – dogs, cows, pigs, chickens. Just wandering around in every state of being – big one, little ones. We cross a kind of roadway and reach Lucia’s house. Hola, mucho gusto – beinvendos. I’m making you lunch – come, sit. I sit w/ Sam. She asks if we want ice. I say whatever, and she sends her daughter for the first of many special trips to the store for us. She has prepared rice and chicken, a homemade pineapple juice and tortillas.

When I met with my colleague who did this kind of project, she told me that the final performance was a collection of several different versions. I'm not sure I can really pull this off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home