aimless love

But my heart is always propped up in a field on its tripod, ready for the next arrow. billy collins

Monday, June 12, 2006

deep tones

I spent Thurs night and Friday in NYC - I tell you I do love that city! Spent a wonderful night at the San Carlos hotel in mid-town. I tell you that city is a lot more fun when you have a lot of money!! Not that I do, but it was a business trip and the company was paying! So I walked around midtown and pretended that I could eat anywhere I wanted. You could buy pasta for $10, $15, $25, $35 depending on how much you wanted the "right" atmosphere. I ended up eating at the La Gioconda for $15 - it was ok... standard pasta, nothing to write home about, but definitely not a total bust!

Sat, I was at a cluster meeting, and Sun I spent part of the day playing scrabble! By the time I got to today I had really tried to give my arms a break from the abuse of the laptop keyboard and I really did ok with the cello!

I learned two scales, and I really think I'll be able to enjoy my practicing this week!!!! Monday is definitely my fresh start day!

I'm feeling lost with the diss - just roaming around my lit review acting as if I've suddenly gone blind and can't feel my way to a straight line. I have done little to move forward there, and spent part of the day shopping for a new desk to help the tendonitis, but aaahhh... I need to finish this proposal before the kids are home for summer vacation!!! 6 more days.

blah, blah, blah

grateful for deep tones
simple pleasures, fingers down
resonating strings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home